Vancouver Island has so many amazing and scenic options for a wedding. Below are some venues I love to service and some great key points about each one.
- The Westin at Bear Mountain : My favorite venue, hands down. Ceremony, Photos, Happy hour, Dinner and an amazing reception all easily handled by one venue. The ceremony site is only 100 feet from where your dinner and reception are going to take place, yet the ceremony area is nestled away sp perfectly that it seems secluded. Best attribute : The amount of room!!! Can really put on an amazing light show with the dance floor there.
- The Best Western Prestige: This gem out in Sooke is my second favorite venue. Armed with a great colonial look, and spectacular waterfront views it never seems to get the respect as its way out in Sooke. Every meal I have had there has been a solid 10. The staff are always locked in and attentive to the couples needs. Best attribute: Huge Dinning hall which allows for a massive amount of space dedicated to the reception.
- Olympic View Golf & Country Club: Another one stop has it all venue. Beautiful landscaped golf course allows for epic photos. The dinning and reception area overlooks the 18th hole and with dinner sunlight it makes for a great backdrop for the head table. Very close to major routes this is nice option for simplicity logistics wise, people can get home safely. Best Attribute: I love that your parking is a short jaunt from the main reception and dining area. At the end of the night you don’t have to walk a mile to find your car.
- Arbutus Ridge Golf Club & Satellite Bar: Up in Cobble Hill you will find this all in one facility. The sprawling golf course is a great backdrop as guests can converse on the outer decks off of the dinning area. The staff here are so much fun, I have gone into the wee hours of the morning taking requests from them as we turn end of night cleanup into a dance party. Best attribute: The ceremony area. They have really made this area unique, from its entrance down a spiral walkway, to the way the trees and hedges seclude it for privacy.
- Victoria Golf Club: A historic venue with a “traditional vibe”. Ceremonies take place on one of the holes which is meters away from the ocean, providing an amazing backdrop. The venue itself has the feel of being at Augusta for the Masters, with its wood heavy structure. The food and service here is excellent. A little on the cozy side as the buffet area transforms into the dance floor but the cozy vibe gets guests engaged even in hallways and nooks as they dance the night away. Best Attribute: You feel that you are in one of those television movie sets that take place in the Hampton’s which makes for fairy tale weddings.
- The Beach House in Cordova Bay: This is a very trendy and highly desirable venue for the fact that is is ocean front and allows for everything in one spot. Ceremony options on the sandy beach itself or on a private pad area, along with the ocean backdrop for beautiful photos. Inside you get to have an amazing dinner with a ocean view and a spacious dance area with nice lighting from the ceiling. Best Attribute: You are waterfront and far away from the city, and the food and drinks are epic!